Have any questions?
+44 1234 567 890
IOT4INDUSTRY LAUNCH: TURIN 14TH SEPTEMBER
On the 14th of September 2018, MESAP innovation Cluster hosted the INTERNATIONAL NETWORKING TOWARDS DIGITAL INDUSTRIES BEST PRACTICES & GRANTS (Centro Congressi Unione Industriale di Torino, Sala Piemonte Room). More than 200 people joined this event dedicated to the industry 4.0. Premises speeches were given by representatives of companies like Telecom, SKF and the MTC Manufacturing Technology Centre of Coventry (UK).
After Piedmont regional authorities‘ welcome, the event has been divided in 3 main sessions:
The first session was dedicated to a presentation on the Digital Strategy in Europe including the following topics: SMEs’ Digital Transformation and Growth; their Road to Digitalisation and the possible barriers encountered; the Trends and Needs in the European Ecosystem.
The second session was focused on the launch of the IoT4Industry “Call for Collaborative Projects”. The IoT4Industry project is a 30 months initiative in the framework of H2020 offering 4 millions of Euro funding support (voucher scheme) for collaborative projects (feasibility study, prototyping, demonstration/pilot) and aims at fostering the collaboration between IoT solutions providers (sensors, communication, Big Data and AI, cybersecurity) and industrials (machine makers, robots, tools, factories). Mrs Marialuisa Sanseverino of MESAP Innovation Cluster gave some comprehensive information on the call’s specifications and answered the different questions on the first CALL that officially opens on 20th September 2018 (until the 20th of December).
The third session in the afternoon was dedicated to B2B meetings. This was the opportunity for SMEs to find collaborative partners to participate to the call. The matchmaking continues on iot4industry.eu (innovation vouchers page) where until 20th October 2018 you can express your interest (EoI) and search for a collaborative partner and/or project design support.
The INTERNATIONAL NETWORKING TOWARDS DIGITAL INDUSTRIES BEST PRACTICES & GRANTS was part of a two-days event organized with DIA European Digital Industry Alliance and Silicon Europe Alliance to foster the digital transformation of SMEs. On 13th September 2018, clusters visited the Olsa SpA plant in Rivoli (Turin), producing lightings for cars and trucks (rear lamps, dome lamps, number plate lights…). The company has now plants in Poland, Brazil, China and Mexico and technical and commercial offices in Germany and USA. During this visit, IoT4Industry clusters briefly described their competences and Olsa its Research and Innovation strategies, giving visitors an example of a road to the “iotisation” of its production.
Ask for support in finding a partner or project design.
More info on “Innovation Vouchers”
Digital Strategy in Europe to foster SMEs Digital Transformation and Growth
- Guillaume Roux, Alan Redmond, SCS Innovation Cluster, “IoT4Industry and DIA Strategies towards SMEs Digital Transformation”. ROUX IoT4Industry
- Frank Bösenberg, Silicon Saxony Innovation Cluster, “Silicon Europe Alliance’s Strategies for Digital Transformation” Silicon Europe
The Road to Digitalisation: Trends and Needs in the European Ecosystem
- Junuz Jakupovic, The Manufacturing Technology Centre Ltd, IoT4Industry partner, “The Framework Synthesis: European Mapping of concerned SMEs and selected/suggested Focus Topics and Sectors” MTC Jakupovic
- Katia Colucci, Telecom Italia, “ICT Trends in the European Digitalisation Process”, IoTIndustry 14t sept TIM
- Roberto Napione, SKF Group, “Manufacturing Trends in the European Digitalisation Process”, NAPIONE skf
IoT4Industry 1st call for Collaborative Projects launch
- Marialuisa Sanseverino, MESAP Innovation Cluster, “Presentation of the first IoT4Industy Call for Collaborative Projects: eligibility terms and conditions, type of proposals, submission procedure, timing, selection and national contact points” (iot4industry CALL details)